From Fukui Prefecture: The Day Ôi Nuclear Power Plant was restarted, the riot police attacked people

Original text from Ryusaku Tanaka Journal 02.07.2012 http://tanakaryusaku.jp/2012/07/0004612再稼働反対派を押し込む機動隊。両手をあげた市民たちは、非暴力で食い止めようと懸命だった。=1日午後5時45分、大飯原発入り口。写真:田中撮影=

Police squeezing people.The protesters lifting up their hands tried hard to stop the restart of the nuclear power plant without violence.=July 1st 5:45pm at the entrance of Ôi nuclear power plant : Photo by Ryusaku Tanaka 
The last day of "zero nuclear power" was fringed by the violence against the nation. 
Protesters who kept blocking the entrance of Ôi Nuclear Power Plant since June 30 in the afternoon were completely exhausted. The rain which kept fallen all night long didn't stop until around 2pm on July 1st. It was 4pm passed when the women who came to backup the protest from Kyoto and Tokyo started the outdoors meals service for the protesters who lost strength because of the rain and glaring with the riot police. The originally smell of burning cheese of pizza and the smell of Miso soup stimulated people's appetite. When people started to eat for a while, the abnormal change happened. The riot police was enhanced .They took the position for a pincer attack against protesters from the side of the ocean and the side of the mountains. Ôi nuclear power plant is on the other side of the mountain. The riot police was enhanced again. There must be 200 of them if we count the riot police on both sides of the ocean and the mountains. The black helmets were shining luridly. It was passed 5pm. The riot police on the side of the mountain started to move forward with their reinforced plastic shields. The protesters lifted up their hands and held out but they were condemned little by little by the riot police which is made of fighter of Kendo and Judo. But protesters kept holding out with their hands lifted up. Deadlocked situation continued for a while. Meanwhile, the riot police on the side of the ocean pulled die-in protesters out at a stroke one after another. Mothers who were serving pizzas were also taken away by holding their hands and legs.
A woman was pulled out at a stroke once but she came back from the mountain road and connected her body to the iron fence with chain. July 1st, 8:45pm Photo by Ryusaku Tanaka
The rhythm of percussions and people's chanting slogans "SAIKADÔ HANTAI" echoed in the evening sky. Around 9pm when the night fell down completely, the switch to restart the nuclear power plant was on. At the same moment the riot police on the side of the mountain rushed into the people. The protesters were sent down like duckpins. 
It's The Liberal Democratic Party who established 54 of nuclear power plants in earthquake-prone Japan but it is The Democratic Party who restarted the nuclear plant although the verification of Fukushima Nuclear Plant Accident is not over yet. Who could have imagined that The Democratic Party who won power with their catch-phrase "From concrete to People" could treat people's health and life like a piece of dirt? 
The day "zero nuclear plant" finished is the day The Democratic Party was finished as well.
Courtesy : Ryusaku Tanaka 

1 件のコメント:

  1. I read the news this morning on a Polish website (don't know the Japanese language yet). So sad... Wrote a comment about why the protest was important, but that website didn't published it - this is a popular method, informations are selected and biased. Well.

    Despite all, I think an amazing work was done. I don't know any protester, but would like to tell them: BARDZO DZIĘKUJĘ - dōmo arigatō gozaimashita!